Friends Meeting House
|Original Location:||New Burlington Road close to Caesar's Creek|
|Added to Village:||1974|
|Donated By:||Friends Meeting House Membership|
The Friends Meeting House was built in 1849. It was preceded by two log buildings the first of which was built in 1805. The building and a cemetery were located close to Caesar's Creek on the New Burlington road. The cemetery was surrounded by a very fine dry wall stone fence.
The remaining members of the meeting house wished to have the building preserved so they gave permission for the CCPV (Caesars Creek Pioneer Village) to move it to the Village site. Professional movers were hired and the building was moved intact to the Village. It has now been restored and is being used for a variety of meetings.
|Interesting Facts:||6th Building moved to the Pioneer Village|